Thursday, January 26, 2012

MS,YA,MG.....OMG!

There is so much I have to learn about writers lingo (is this spelled right?:)). I thought I was ready for my first critique, boy was I wrong. When I got Angie's email about the changes I needed to make I was ecstatic finally the POV of a fellow YA Fantasy author. Everything she said was right on the money and charged me up with new ideas.
Then, I opened the file of the original documents with all her corrections...wonk, wonk, wonk I was so embarrassed and  LOL at myself. I clearly thought write the book then get it critique (the story not the grammer. how can you have one without the other...IDK :O), I never polished the MS as Angie's puts it. What was I thinking you ask, IDK,I was so anxious to get someone's perspective as I had exhausted all of my families POV, and no one understood how my MC could do the things I had written about. That's because they don't read or particularly like YA fantasy. This is why it's a good idea to have a critique partner in your genre.

Lesson here, edit until it almost shine, before you send it off for critique.Learn lingo. Like I said if your are looking for expertise in writing your first novel, you won't find it here. If you want to follow the journey of a beginner and her pitfalls...Welcome my friend:)  


No comments: