Monday, May 14, 2012

Let me tell you something pt 2

So where did I leave off...?
Yes putting together a story from beginning to middle to end. When I first started my wip, I thought I will just tell the story in my head. Easy enough... right? simply put... no. The end of my story is so close I can taste it. I have this feeling of urgency burning in the pit of my belly. I want to give birth to this baby today, right now.

This is where I have to be careful, it's easy to rush the story when  I have these people talking to me and I want to get down what their saying as well as convey their mood personality and facial expression. I  want to tell about what they see smell taste and touch, without being overwhelming. I want the voice of  my MC to be clear and understood.

Now I'm learning that getting my story out is only the first trimester. Actually putting the entire thought from beginning to middle to end is like being pregnant and then giving birth(it can't be rushed).
Second trimester is all about meshing the story together making sure I have a solid beginning and that beginning is connect to and supported by my middle, and then that each of them lead to an explosive end that has been building to that point of BOOM! In the last trimester, I must be sure that my reader is on the edge of their seat, biting their nails and thirsty for my next book.

Telling a story sounds easy but it is as hard as finding out your're pregnant going through morning sickness and getting to the point where you are in love with this baby growing inside of you. then as the months roll past you become tired and the urge to just get it out. give birth is all you can see.

Most importantly it's the same because I have to wait if I want my baby  healthy and whole. remembering once it's out I can't take it back, so I must be sure I am presenting a polish piece one I would be proud to present to the word.

To answer some of the questions to Pt 1

I considered myself an author when I became serious about my writing. When it was no longer just a hobby, now it's apart of who I am. This is what makes me a writer along with my commitment to create something from start to middle to finish.

I have learned a good story teller is not only about how well you tell a story but the telling of that story as well. I guess I will see when I am done telling my story.

Thanks for stopping by, leave a comment or two I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: